We are committed to:
- Providing access to God’s grace for everyone.
- Responding compassionately and practically to human need in the name of Christ.
- Being a redemptive influence in the Bronx and the world to the glory of God.
We are community embracing the Spirit-filled life, with a place for everyone, where all may experience the forgiveness of sins and the cleansing of their hearts through faith in Jesus Christ.
We are committed to building strong families and impacting our community for Christ. No matter where you are in life, Bronx Bethany is a place where you can belong. We are passionate about God’s grace, and are on a mission to help everyone we come in contact with experience that grace. Here you will find authentic fellowship with others in a Spirit-filled environment to help you grow in your walk with Christ.
These are the beliefs we hold as Nazarenes. They are common to Christians world-wide.
- There is one God—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Old and New Testament Scriptures are given to us by God and contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- Man is born with a fallen nature, and is therefore inclined to evil.
- Those who are ultimately unrepentant are eternally separated from God.
- The atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race—whoever repents and believes in the Lord Jesus is justified, regenerated, and saved from the power and consequences of sin.
- Believers are to be sanctified wholly, becoming more and more like Jesus through faith in Him.
- The Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth and sanctification of believers.
- Jesus will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgement will take place at the end of the age.
Rev. Richard Griffiths | Lead Pastor
As a committed Christian, my life is framed and guided by my faith. As an active husband and father, I understand the great challenges and opportunities in navigating family life. As a holiness preacher, my privilege and duty is to relevantly communicate God’s love and timeless perspective on purposeful living.
He is committed to helping people to recognize God’s unique call on their lives and serves as a guide in pursuing the Lord with resolve and urgency, and is passionate about helping organizations discover their unique opportunities for life-changing social impact.
Rev. Griffiths is a Jamaican-born, New York-bred, cultural hybrid and intergenerational bridge-builder. Richard holds a Bachelors degree in Marketing and Masters in New Testament Biblical Literature. He is also a sports enthusiast, composer and musician.
Richard is married to his charming wife and partner in ministry, Yanique. They have two children, Seth and Hannah, who both make every day an adventure.